The Oxymizer® pendant cannula is an original design, disposable oxygen conserving device used in the routine nasal administration of supplemental oxygen. The Oxymizer® facilitates the delivery of continuous high-flow oxygen using a non-mechanical pulse dosing method that can be used in the home, hospital or long-term care setting.
The cannula itself comprises an oxygen conserving reservoir in a fully sealed pendant, which when being used sits comfortably on the patient’s chest.
After connecting the Oxymizer® pendent cannula to an oxygen source, the conserving reservoir fills with up to 30ml of oxygen during the patient’s exhalation phase. The oxygen is then released from the conserving reservoir by means of a membrane as soon as the patient starts to inhale, delivering the bolus of oxygen deep into the lungs. An oxygen bolus of up to 30ml per breath, may also permit the adjustment of a lower continuous flow increasing oxygen efficiency overall.
- Can be used with up to 15 lpm
- Delivers up to a 4:1 savings ratio
- Comfortable alternative to mask
- Reduces cost of providing oxygen therapy
- Lower flow rates reducing common side affects
- Compatible with cylinders, concentrators and liquid oxygen
- Proven efficacy for use at rest and exercise
- No batteries required